You can potentially also write your final thesis abroad.
There are two options for doing this:
- Either during a semester abroad at a host university
- or at a foreign company.
- Ask our partner universities or a company abroad if you can write your final thesis there with the support of supervisor. Alternatively, perhaps your professors might be able to suggest useful contacts.
- Sometimes there are also specific vacancies or offers, which we then publish here.
You can apply for funding towards writing your final thesis abroad:
- either Erasmus fundingif you will be writing your thesis at an Erasmus partner university or in a European company
- or a PROMOS grant if you are going to write your thesis at a host university that isn’t covered by Erasmus, including outside Europe
- or a grant from “hochschule international” if you don’t have sufficient financial means and aren’t receiving a PROMOS scholarship at the same time.
What should you do?
- Register your final thesis in time (i.e. before you plan to go abroad) with Academic Registry;
- Find out what regulations apply, as a final thesis cannot be recognised in the same straightforward way that modules or courses taken at foreign universities are;
- Make sure that a professor at Kempten University of Applied Sciences is willing to supervise your thesis;
- Get in touch with the International Office to discuss your plans and resolves any issues.