Admission requirements

  1. Kempten University of Applied Sciences
  2. International
  3. Outgoing
  4. Studying abroad
  5. Admission requirements

Criteria for studying abroad on the part of Kempten University of Applied Sciences

Bachelor’s degree programmes

You can apply to study abroad for a semester once you have studied for one academic year. Various formal examination regulations also apply at Kempten University of Applied Sciences, or possibly language requirements, depending on your degree programme. You can certainly already apply to study abroad for a semester before meeting these requirements, as long as you are likely to do so by the end of the current examination period or before setting off.


    Formal examination requirements:

    • Entitled to study on the advanced course,which depends on the accumulated ECTS Credit Points (either 40, 45 or 60 ECTS Credit Points, depending on the degree). Please consult the Programme and Examination Regulations (“SPO”) to determine the precise requirements on your degree programme.
    • If you are studying for a bachelor’s degree in the Faculty of Social and Health Studies, you can already study abroad in your third semester, irrespective of your ECTS Credit Points.


    Language requirements:

     Lectures conducted in EnglishLectures conducted in Spanish or French
    Business AdministrationPasses in English I and IINo specifications
    International ManagementPasses in English I and IINo specifications
    Tourism ManagementPasses in English I and IIPasses in Spanish / French I, II and III

    There are no specifications for any other bachelor’s degree programmes.



    Master’s degree programmes

    There are no specific restrictions to when you can study abroad. However, we recommend discussing the optimum timing with your degree programme coordinator, particularly if you wish to spend the first semester of your master’s programme abroad.

    Kempten University of Applied Sciences doesn’t stipulate any specific language proficiency requirements for any master’s students going to study at a host university abroad.


    Criteria on the part of the host university

    As soon as you have been offered an exchange placement by the International Office, you must provide evidence of the level of language proficiency required by the host university . You can find this information in the info sheet on your chosen partner university (see the search engine).

    To gauge your language proficiency level according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages):

    Language module at Kempten University of Applied SciencesEnglishFrenchSpanish
    VC1.2B1.2 / B2*B1.2 / B2*

    *Depending on the semester, due to varying number of hours per week, group size, level of proficiency.


    English Level B2 can generally also simply be demonstrated with an “Abitur” (or subject-specific “Fachabitur”) certificate .